Tuesday, September 13, 2011

B-School Reunions

It is that time of the year when me and my friends from Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies decide to head to Pune for the National Alumni Meet. The bakchod gang (Please read my earlier post "Oh Mere Chacha the great" to know a little about the bakchods) had a made a pact that we would try and meet every year for the National Alumni meet over 2-3 days. The idea is to relive those days of fun, frolic and unadulterated shizzle. This year will be the second meet after graduation. Barring one of the us, who is posted in Algeria, every single soul from the bakchod would be present.

The idea of a reunion is to meet up with your batchmates, juniors and seniors and catch up on the lost times. Yes... This includes half hugs, fake hellos, lots of  HEY's and numerous dead-fish handshakes, meeting a lot of people you wouldn't want to meet in first place including the two-timing bitch-of-the-first-order ex girlfriend of yours. A big percentage of the alumni would give the meet a skip ( I wonder why ?)

Typical conversation among men during the meet :
  • Oh !! That Bitch got married ?! RIP the poor soul who is stuck with her. 
  • She ?! McKinsey ?! You got to be kidding me ! I'd give my left ball for that profile. How the fuck did a birdbrain like her end up with that profile ?! Word
  • HAHA !! That loser is still stuck with Infosys ?! DAMN !
  • WHOA !! She was so HAWT macha !! Whatever happened to her ?! 
  • That son-of-a-bitch is getting all the action !! Dekho kaise haans raha hai saala !!
  • After the meet, let's get drunk dude !! Haddh hai bhenchod !!
Typical conversation among women during the meet :
  • OMG !! That bitch hasn't changed one bit !! Botox you reckon ?
  • Dekha ?! Copycat !! She still sports the same colour combination that I used to... including the brown stilettos. Sari bhi same colour !! BITCH
  • Kya karoon yaar ?! Even power yoga is not helping ! Liposuction in India is safe ? 
  • He was so cute !! Uske baal kahaan udd gaye ?! Just two years ? Blame the Bengaluru water ! BTW...I once made out with him near Placement Cell. 
Me ?!  I prefer meeting all the people who were a part of my life during the two best years of my life. Greeting the canteen stuff for the numerous plates of Cheese Maggi and Anda Bhurji they served, Library staff like Raju Bhaiya for their benevolence when I laughed loudly during a funny conversation inside library, who let me issue more than four books and keep them beyond the return deadline, Gajwaar sir and Ajay Sir from Admin office for helping me out with attendance esp. in fourth semester ( I had 4% against a mandatory 75% !! ) and most importantly - The Director of the Institute. Leaving me with a warning and no further action for my loud laughter from the hostel room during our social acts, taking loads of my BS and yet giving it a patient listen - I liked him. He had been unreasonable on many occasions. I choose to ignore that over the countless times he helped me personally. 

Coming back to my group, our customary huddle will start with beer guzzling and a sojourn with Sheelavati, chai, sutta and vada paav at the tapri behind SIMS, a head massage session at Ideal Hairdressers ( They are the best in the business. Do check them out if you go to Pune ) followed by hopping around Koregaon Park. A couple of us would pass out and wake up with a massive hangover the next day.

We would laugh at the most stupid acts, remember the grey cell stimulating all-nighters in hostels around the topic of politics, sports and women, drunken brawls at pubs and many more incidents which I wouldn't want to quote.

After the meet, we get back to our lives - Work, office, diatribe with girlfriend, boring office dinners without  alcohol with equally boring people from work. Being a fully residential campus - we were the only family for one another -  knowing the deep dark secrets, going to fight for your friends without knowing the actual reason or opponent, rushing them to hospital when they met with an accident or fell sick.

Soon, we would get married and settle down into our lives with work, wife, kids and a fight with the ever increasing waistline. Perhaps, this alumni meet would go on to become the only platform for all of us to meet each other together and live those golden days - even if it is for once a year.

2 comments:

bds.bhatia said...

nice bro...really nice...i didnt know i was missing SIMS until i read this.
keep at it! \m/

S!D said...

Thanks J.B